Suspense & Surprises

|
So today my good friend and I surprised our wives with a day of adventure... well the day wasnt the surprise but the events of the day were what was... they had no clue what we were doing to or for them this day...

Deb had previously blogged regarding the upcoming date day...

http://justthetwoofus.typepad.com/just_the_two_of_us/2011/07/leaving-us-in-suspense.html

So the day started with Wayne picking Karen up at around 7am and taking her and his wife (Deb) to a Nail Spa place thing in Plymouth where they were given a Manicure & Pedicure treatment.. we asked if they had a rabies-cure treatment but alas.. they didnt...

I stayed home and watched the children... aka slept till around 8:15am until one of them (usually Keira or Ava) wandered in asking to eat...

Then I met the rest of the party back at Wayne and Deb's house in Chaska where we transformed the ladies from their Mall cruising outfits, to a more safety conscious bike riding outfit.... ok we made them put shoes and a helmet on.. and I asked Karen to wear jeans as the denim mini may distract tooooo many other drivers and we may die... she is the hotness after-all....




After we finished taking pics, we jumped on our bikes... and took a 1hr or so cruise around Lake Minnetonka and the various lake roads towards the next surprise.. the best part of the day.. my part!!

this is the route for the most part...


View Larger Map

Then we ended up here... Icon Theater in St Louis Park...


First stop,... the Bistro where we ordered some drinks and some light lunch


At Icon you can sign up (free) for VIP membership and then reserve.. YES RESERVE your seating up in the balcony VIP section 21+ only... woot woot... (you can reserve your seats on the normal level too - sweet concept)

View from above.. sorry bad cell pic...


Light Lunch previously ordered... the chicken burger things were amazing.. I was tempted to go back for more...

My baby ordered some pizzas thing... it was... different!!!

We saw Cowboys and Aliens... it was A-ight... as they say around the St Louis Park area... ok maybe a little south of that particular area... but there was 2 options for the VIP section.. this movie or some stupid one about a guy whos wife cheats on him so he goes out and does whatever I guess.. Steve Carroll.. so yeah DUMB.. and not really the particular theme we were aiming for by spoiling our ladies...  I thought the movie was 3D so needless to say when it wasnt I was a little pis..... upset... but the chicken burgers.. did I say how good they were...?!?!?

After the movie we jumped back on the bikes... no cruise, just a straight highway drive back to the Hardison Manor where the ladies played Dr Mario, Wayne took my bike for a ride and I well....


Made room for dinner................... NO I TOOK A NAP ON THEIR COUCH!!! not a dump!

So then Dinner it was... We took the gals to Suzettes south of Jordan.. Amazing food for a dinky little diner on the side of the Highway... the Chef had turned down a job as the Head Chef of the Sofitel chain or something years back as they wanted to dictate his cooking too much, so he started this little restaurant..

Banrith was one of my customers back when I owned Meineke... A very gentle, joyful Cambodian man who escaped a hard life by moving to the States and is living a dream...  Seriously if you want to try some fine dining with exceptional food then I recommend this place... Banrith hand makes all his sauces, puddings, etc... no bottled or microwave crap here... the prices are a little higher than a theme/chain restaurant, but the first bite you take you wont care...

Wayne can be particular about his food.. and he knows his food.. (Wayne knows food)  He said he didnt want the Caesar salad and we convinced Deb to try it.. they both stopped short of licking the bowl after... and the desserts... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM







So all in all it was a success.. we pulled it off... Shame Karen left in a car about tonight on a road trip with her sisters to visit their brother Bob in Colorado or I wouldnt have had to settle for the cherry from my dessert to complete a perfect day... hehe

Overall... fun day with great friends and the perfect wife... then I get to come home and hang with my amazing kids while Karen is gone.. I have a blessed life...







I had too...


Once Deb posts her blog I will link for her side of it and pictures...

 (cant believe I beat her.. maybe she is busy 'thanking' Wayne...)



edit: finally she posted it 2 days later
Debs Version

1 comments:

Karen said...

You're right...if I didn't have to leave we would have ended with a cherry on top...it would have been a game of Sorry...I'm SURE that's what you were referring to!!

Post a Comment

Leave a note..... I may delete it though cause I have the power..